Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mamma Mia movie review


Alrighty, I watched Mamma Mia in the summer before I started a blog, so I never blogged about it. But it became one of my favourite movies ever.


Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) wants her father to walk her down the aisle for her wedding to Sky (Dominic Cooper). Only problem is that she doesn't know who her father is. After reading her mom Donna's (Meryl Streep) diary from the time she was expecting Sophie, she finds out she has three possible fathers. Sam (Pierce Brosnan), Bill (Stellan Skarsgard) or Harry (Collin Firth).


I love the music, I am a huge fan of ABBA. I love the dancing, I love the acting, I love the over all happy ending chickflick-ness to it. In the end, Sophie is happy, Donna is happy, and I was happy. Plus, Sky was pretty cute.


Dancing Queen was my favourite part. After Donna and her two best friends Tanya (Christine Baranski) and Rosie (Julie Waters) discover the three ex-es of Donna's past, Tanya and Rosie try to cheer her up with song and dance from the Dynamoes days. Donna cheers up and gets almost all of the women in their Greek village join in the song and it just looks great.


I thoght it was awesome. I saw the stage version on Broadway, and I found it didn't have that sparkle that the movie had. I was really impressed with Meryl Streep's singing and dancing. All the movie's I've seen with her in it are so serious.


Well, I really recommend you seeing it :)

:)
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment