Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Last Olympian



This is the final and best book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

I cried when it ended. I actually cried during most of the chapters, but I'm super emotional so that's probably why.

[Taken from book summary]

All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos's army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan's power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it's up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the lord of time.

The book came out on Tuesday, May 5th, and I bought it that day. The reason it took so long for me to review it was because I didn't read the last three chapters until this morning.

I didn't want the series to end, so I put off reading the end and hid the book in my closet. But this morning I cracked, took it out, read it and then cried.

I loved this book the most because a) it was just amazing, b) There was FINALLY Annabeth and Percy lovey-doveyness and c) the detail, the plot, the descriptions and the whole book was epic.

I can't even describe it. But the end made me extremely happy, even though two of my favourite characters died (But at least they'll be in love down in Elysium!!!).

Anyway, I can't really say that much about it without giving stuff away. But in Rick's acknowledgments, he says -and I quote- 'As the first Camp Half-Blood series comes to an end...'

Anyone else catch the 'First'? Yeah, lovelies, there may be another. Especially with that new prophecy to worry about...

Don't worry, I'll stalk and annoy the crap out of Rick until I find out.

:)
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment